QR (Quick Response) codes were first developed in 1994 as one of the ways to streamline automotive production. But currently, new Quick Response code (QR codes) uses seem to be gaining momentum, especially among marketers and business owners.
Previously deemed a dying fad, Quick Response codes were not popular until Apple’s iOS 11 update and the establishment of Google scanners for Android devices. With these features from top smartphone OS providers, people can now scan QR codes using native camera applications instead of third-party applications.
The technological advancement, combined with the COVID-19 pandemic, which caused restaurants to replace paper menus with contactless ones, offered the best opportunity for the old solution to gain popularity among business owners and consumers.
Quick Response code uses have stretched beyond restaurant menus. For example, you can create a QR code for business cards as well as:
- Email marketing
- Multilingual digital campaigns
- App download digital marketing campaigns
Let’s discover more about the future of Quick Response codes in digital marketing by going through the following informative sections.
Why QR Are Codes the Future of Marketing?
The use of Quick Response codes is increasingly growing. As a result, it’s more likely to play a massive role in the future of digital marketing. The increasing use of the internet and smartphones makes QR codes to become an efficient and convenient way for businesses to connect with customers and drive engagement. Here are more reasons:
- Shorter customer journey and better consumer experience: Quick response codes offer an easy and quick way for customers to access helpful information, including discounts, promotions, and product details. They can be utilized in different marketing channels, from billboards and ads to product packaging. Also, Quick Response codes can help track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns by measuring the amount of conversions and scans. Quick Response codes can also help engage consumers by offering personalized content and experiences.
- Higher adoptions and more conversions: Quick Response codes have gained extensive popularity in the world in recent years as a cost-effective marketing tool, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 resulted in QR codes accelerated adoption, and businesses contemplating using these little squares also adopted them. Currently, many businesses globally use Quick Response codes for contactless ticketing, payments, and numerous other use cases. The widespread use of this concept has increased customer familiarity as well as comfort with QR code applications. This is likely to continue driving adoption. Due to this, digital marketers are rushing to take advantage of the technology and establish direct connections with their potential consumers.
- GDPR-compliant data privacy: Data privacy is a major concern in this digital marketing era. As marketers create and scale up a strongly connected digital and physical world, businesses and audiences must constantly interact in a safe environment. On top of that, in a virtual world, consumers are very sensitive about their information, especially with the increase in data breaches. Protecting business and consumer-sensitive data is a vital responsibility organizations have for their customers’ trust. In the near future, the new norm will be privacy-first information collection practices. That means businesses need to develop closer relationships with their customers. Brands have started collecting first-party data using Quick Response codes. To ensure this data is safe, the best QR code service providers have been offering SOC-2 and GDPR-compliant data security and privacy in Quick Response codes.
A Phygital Universe
Since their inauguration in 1994 to this moment, Quick Response codes have only been increasing in popularity. They have become increasingly convenient and accessible for customers with snowballing adoption of smart devices and digital solutions like payments and business cards.
Dynamic Quick Response codes provide more engaging and personalized user experiences, altering the marketing future by offering an interactive and cost-effective way. With the ability to increase brand recognition and enhance consumer experience, Quick Response codes have become a well-known marketing tool that serious marketers and business owners can’t just ignore.
QR codes offer multiple benefits for marketers and businesses, including the following:
- Consumer engagement
- Personalized experiences
- Tracking marketing and advertising campaigns’ effectiveness
All these benefits create one huge advantage – increased brand awareness, sales, and revenue. With all these facts and information in mind, you can easily conclude that the future of Quick Response codes in digital marketing is bright. And that is true!
Read More……Pet Dr. Aaron Bivens Obituary