The SAFe® 5.1 Product Owner / Product Management (PO/PM) Certification is an accredited course in association with ScaledAgile. It assists candidates to develop the right set of skills required to support the provision of value in any Lean organization. The SAFe® POPM course has a specific focus and will help Product Managers or Product Owners to understand their responsibilities in an Agile facilitated environment as they are moving through a SAFe framework.
Individuals who want to pursue a career in the SAFe framework as a Product Owner or Product Manager can opt for a SAFe POPM course online and master enterprise-level skills of Product Owner and Product Manager.
In this article, we have discussed the following topics for you to understand the POPM course so that you can get started on your journey to becoming a Product Owner or Product Manager:
- What is Product Manager/Product Owner Certification?
- Why should I become a Product Owner or Product Manager?
- How can I become a Product Owner or Product Manager?
- Prerequisites for the POPM Certification course
- Who can attend the SAFe POPM course?
- What will I learn in the SAFe POPM Certification course?
- What skills will I gain from the SAFe POPM Certification course?
What is Product Owner/Product Manager Certification?
The Product Owner/Product Manager Certification is a credential that validates the understanding of an individual of the basic and advanced strategic and tactical concepts involved in Agile Product Ownership or Product Management.
Having a POPM Certification ensures that individuals have the ability to understand Agile Product Management and possess readily implementable knowledge and skills.
Why should I Become a Product Owner or Product Manager?
The popularity of Product Owners or Product Managers has increased manifold in the last few years and continues to be one of the most popular scaling methods as per Scaled Agile. Many giant companies across the world such as PepsiCo, Bosch, Cisco, Standard Chartered, and FitBit leverage SAFe for improving time-to-marketing, increasing productivity, boosting product quality, and improving employee & job satisfaction.
A SAFe POPM certified professional earns an average salary ranging between $83,865 and $124,613. With skyrocketing demands for SAFe POPM certified individuals, you can get a SAFe POPM Certification and join the hiring drive to join the top companies with a lucrative salary.
How can I become a Product Owner or Product Manager?
You can develop the right mindset, skills, tools, and techniques that you would need to create a successful product from inception to delivery using Agile with the help of a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager Certification training online.
With the help of the POPM Certification training course, you can develop skills to deliver continuous value at scale as well as effectively perform the role of a SAFe PO/PM in the Agile Release Trains (ART) as well as contribute to the Relentless Improvement (RI) of the ART.
The SAFe® 5.1 PO/PM course is a two-day training session led by skilled instructors so that you are able to demonstrate your understanding of SAFe in an Agile environment.
Highlights of the POPM Course:
- 16-Hour Online Sessions
- Live Instructor-led Online Training
- Earn 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
- Free 1-Year SAFe Community Membership
- Comprehensive Exam Support
- Exam fee included in Course Fee
- Gateway to SAFe Agile Community of Practice
Prerequisites for the POPM Certification Course
There are no such prerequisites required for enrolling in the POPM Certification course, however, it is recommended that candidates should have prior experiences in Lean, SAFe, Agile, or other associated fields of certification.
Who can Attend the SAFe POPM Course?
The SAFe POPM course is recommended for candidates who hold the following job roles:
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Software Developers
- Program Managers
- CTOs (Chief Technology Officers)
- Release Train Engineers
- Agile Coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants
- Development Managers
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- Solution Train Engineers
- Delivery Managers
What Will I Learn in the SAFe POPM Certification Course?
On successfully completing the SAFe POPM course, you will learn the following:
- Scaled Agile Framework
- Lean-Agile Principles and Values
- Collaboration with Agile teams for delivery
- Deliver Continuous Value
- PO/PM roles and responsibilities
- Customer Centricity and Design Thinking
- Apply Lean Thinking
- Lean Portfolio Management
What Skills Will I Gain from the SAFe® 5.1 POPM Certification Course?
As a professional training for the SAFe® 5.1 POPM Certification, you will develop the following skills:
- Relentless improvement of Agile Release Train (ART)
- Identifying customer needs and employing the suitable techniques to resolve them in time
- Guiding teams to achieve the enhanced productivity and performance for the underlying projects
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories.
- Refine Features into Stories to enhance the product’s face value
- Prioritizing product and team backlogs
- Delivering the maximum business value at scale by streamlining the process and closing the loopholes that are restraining the workflow
The Product Owner/Product Manager has a significant responsibility to maximize the value produced by the teams while they ensure that the stories meet the needs of the users and comply with the Definition of project completion as well. For enterprises shifting to Agile, a Product Owner has a critical role to play in supporting each Agile team. A PO/PM is responsible for preparing, leading, and executing the Program Increment (PI) planning as well as executing Iteration Planning across the enterprise.
A PO/PM is, thus, an integral part of the Agile team guiding the team through various stages of product development and delivery by delivering value through Program Increment.
If you are interested in making a career as a SAFe Product Owner/ Product Manager, you can enroll yourself in a SAFe POPM course to develop easily applicable skills. With the help of the SAFe POPM Certification, you can get hired by the top companies around the world and ride the steady growth curve of your career.