The water quality of our country is not suitable for drinking purposes because it contains several contaminations in the form of pathogenic bacteria, heavy metals and many others. The consumption of contaminated water causes various kinds of water-related diseases; thus, it is necessary to drink free water contamination.
There are various kinds of water filtration systems in India, but an RO water filter system is best among all the water filtration systems. An RO water filter or RO water purifier is one of the trusted and widely accepted water filter systems in India. A Reverse Osmosis System is based on the reverse osmosis process. Get limitless benefits of having an RO water purifier at your home and pay fewer utility bills than any other water purification system.
What Is Reverse Osmosis Water Process And The Mechanism Behind It?
To understand the reverse osmosis process, you need to understand the osmosis process. The flow of solvent molecules from low concentration solute to high concentration solute through the semipermeable membrane is defined as osmosis. In the osmosis process, the driving force for the solvent molecules is the concentration gradient.
The reverse osmosis process is opposite to the pure osmosis process, i.e., in the reverse osmosis process, the molecules of the solvent move from a higher concentration of solute to the lower concentration of the solute in the presence of some external force through a membrane called as RO membrane. The RO membranes present in the RO water filter are semi-permeable. A semipermeable membrane is selective, and it doesn’t allow the passage of molecules except for water or small-sized particles.
The RO Water Purifier membrane contains several tiny pores in it, which has a particular size that is less than and equal to 200nm. It means that even human hair can’t pass through it because the size of the human hair is far bigger than that particle.
Previously RO water filter system was used to treat sea or salty water and brackish TDS 500 PPM 30,000 PPM water, but since the 1970s, this technology has also been used to purifier fresh water in various fields such as domestic, commercial, and industrial. An RO water purifier is a mostly used water purification system all around the world to bring pure and healthy water.
Several Stages Of Ro Water Filter System
The RO water purifier punches out the water impurities in very steps. Some of these steps are
- Sediment filter
A Sediment filter is like a sieve that traps and eliminates the water impurities like rust, calcium carbonates, etc. But this filter doesn’t remove any heavy metals to make the water tasty.
- Activated carbon filter
This method uses a bed of activated carbon to remove water contaminants using the adsorption process. At this stage of the water treatment process, organic and chlorine or chlorine-containing compounds are removed.
- Reverse osmosis filter
Maximum purification of water takes place at the opposite osmosis stage as discussed in the earlier paragraph that a reverse osmosis filter eliminates all kinds of impurities, including dissolved salts and microbes.
- Optional carbon filter
At this stage, those types of chemicals are eliminated which were not removed by the RO water filter.
- UV lamp
A UV lamp continuously produces UV rays, which eliminates the microbial contamination present in the water. The UV rays kill the growth of microbes and deny the growth of the microbes present in the water. At this stage of the RO water filtration system, water gets free from microbial contamination.
Benefits Of Reverse Osmosis Water Purifier:
An RO water filter system ensures that you will drink 100% safe, healthy and pure water. This water filtration system possesses several advantages; some of these are listed below:
- An RO water filter system lowers the concentration of TDS, i.e., Total Dissolved solids in water. The human bodies need some minerals from the water; an essential mineral for the human being. These minerals are calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, etc. The contaminated water contains more concentration of these minerals, which are dangerous for the human body. According to the WHO World Health Organization, the maximum concentration of calcium, which is safe for drinking purposes, is 160 ppm/litter.
- Water contains millions of pathogens such as bacteria, Fungus, viruses, Algae, etc., which are very potent to cause various kinds of disease in you. But the RO water filter system removes these diseasing, causing microbes from the water and makes the water fit for drinking purposes.
- Drinking contaminated water causes gastrointestinal disease, which occurs due to the presence of Cryptosporidium & Giardia? The RO water filter removes the Cryptosporidium & Giardia, which lowers the chance of getting gastrointestinal diseases by more than 30%.
- Water also contains Leads, Arsenic, Mercury, Fluoride, etc., which is toxic for the human body. Still, a water filter can easily remove these molecules from the water and makes the water safe for drinking purposes. These toxins are very much harmful or poisonous to the human body.
- Polluted & contaminated water contains some unpleasant smell which may destroy the taste of the food. But an RO water purifier removes the unpleasant smell from the water.
Why You Should Install RO Water Purification System
As discussed in the above paragraph that the contaminated water is the significant reason for waterborne diseases. Waterborne disease is the real threat for both developing and developed countries because it kills millions of lives each year globally. A report proved that more than 80% of total death on the Earth occurred due to the drinking of contaminated water; thus, make sure to install an advanced water filter system at your home or offices to get the best possible purest water.
An RO water purifier is capable of eliminating all the water impurities from the water. So, without thinking about the type of water supply, consider an RO water purifier as your foremost option and get a hassle-free water supply. Reverse osmosis needs low maintenance to deal with any level of water pollution and keep your pocket light.