Nowadays, many people will say: refreshing an apartment (on a budget) is mission impossible. A few tips from this article show you that budget-friendly apartment renovations and refreshments are stress-free and possible! Yep, you heard well.
By incorporating some of these tips, such as painting the walls, adding plants, rearranging furniture, decluttering, updating light fixtures, adding new textiles, and using removable wallpaper or decals, you can transform your space without breaking the bank.
- Add plants: Indoor plants add a pop of color to your apartment and help purify the air and create a more relaxing atmosphere. You don’t need to spend much on plants, as wide varieties can be found at affordable prices in local nurseries or home improvement stores.
- Paint the walls: One of the easiest and most effective ways to give your apartment a fresh new look is by painting the walls. A new coat of paint can completely transform a space and make it feel brighter and cleaner. If you’re on a budget, consider doing the painting yourself or hiring professional Calgary painters who offer affordable rates.
- Rearrange furniture: Another way to give your apartment a new look is by rearranging your furniture. This can be done without spending any money at all. Try switching up the layout of your living room or bedroom to create a more open and spacious feel.
- Declutter: A cluttered apartment can feel overwhelming and stressful. Take time to review your belongings and remove anything you no longer need or use. You can also consider organizing your things more efficiently and visually appealingly, such as using baskets or storage bins.
- Update light fixtures: Swapping out old light fixtures with newer, more modern ones can instantly update the look of your apartment. This can be a relatively inexpensive DIY project, or you can hire a professional electrician if needed.
- Add new textiles: Adding throw pillows, blankets, curtains, or a rug can give your apartment a cozy and inviting feel. Look for affordable options at home goods stores or online retailers.
- Use removable wallpaper or decals: If you can’t paint your walls or don’t want to commit to a permanent change, consider using removable wallpaper or decals. These can be found at affordable prices online and are a great way to add a pop of color or pattern to your space.
- Swap out hardware: Changing the knobs or handles on your cabinets and drawers can quickly and inexpensively update your apartment. You can find affordable options at hardware stores or online retailers.
- DIY art: Creating your artwork is a great way to add a personal touch to your apartment. You don’t need to be a professional artist to make something beautiful – consider painting or drawing your pieces or using free online resources to print out and frame designs.
- Add lighting: Brightening your apartment can make it feel more spacious and welcoming. Consider adding extra lighting with lamps or string lights, which can be affordable at home goods stores or online retailers.
- Use mirrors: Mirrors can make a small apartment feel more extensive and open. Place them strategically around your space to reflect light and create the illusion of more space.
- Clean regularly: One of the easiest and most effective ways to keep your apartment feeling fresh is by cleaning regularly.
Make it a habit to clean and declutter a little each day, and do a deep clean once a week to keep things looking and tidy.