Moving days are long and tiring and there is a lot to do ahead of the move day too. But when you are doing an interstate move there is even more to consider and do. What can help a great deal is to find the best interstate removalists Perth to handle some of the hard work for you so you have less to stress about. Here are some more ways you can help make the interstate move go more smoothly.
Being as prepared as you can be
Really the only thing you can do is anticipate certain things and be as prepared as possible. It is the best way to minimise issues and mistakes on move day. Here are some tips for being prepared.
- Make sure you get as good a night’s sleep as you can. Have paper and a pen next to you so you can scribble things down and don’t have to worry about forgetting them. Whatever a full night sleep looks like for you, do what you need to do to achieve it. It will mean you are better focussed on move day, have more energy, will be less forgetful and clumsy. It is also better for the people around you as you will be less cranky! Those best interstate removalists Perth appreciate when their clients are not snappy!
- Try to eat as healthy as you can leading up to and on the day of te move. It is very easy to start eating take away, or junk food early on when you either do not feel like cooking, do not have ingredients anymore or do not have te tools anymore! But even when you are eating out you can make healthy choices. You will again feel more energised and won’t have to deal with bloating, gas or stomach issues from eating poorly.
- Know what you are doing with your pets and your children. Ideally get rid of them! Have someone come pick them up until you are ready to head off. If that is not possible then have them in a room out of the way, with things to keep them occupied, food, water, and someone watching them who has only that job so they do not get underfoot. Have things ready for the road trip when you drive them to the new home. Games for the children, a safe space for the pet to help with their nerves. Make sure your dog has a long walk before the journey and your cat is played with so they are nice and tired and nap for some of the drive.
- Have a plan B for certain situations. Maybe there is an accident on the roads and your movers are delayed. Maybe your babysitter has to cancel. What is the backup plan?
- Try to remain in good spirits whatever the day brings. It is easy to get frustrated even angry when things are not going as planned so try to stay calm and upbeat. You will get to your new home and will your belongings, everything else is just details. With the help of friends, family and the best interstate removalists Perth moving day can be less painful than you might think.